|Eligible literary material (compulsory requirements):|
- Short stories in English, unpublished*
- Group work allowed, max. two authors per short story
- Fiction and stories based on true events (Write fiction or non-fiction on your title page)
- No theme or genre restrictions
- Title page presenting the title, author's name, contact information/email and the
word count (The Judges only get your short story, the title page only fulfils
- No more than 2,500 words (Having a word count slightly above the given limit is eligible / In case of doubt, just ask us)
- Microsoft Word Document (*.doc/*.docx) or Acrobat Reader PDF file
(We accept only online submissions to hopefully save some trees.)
Every story that meets these guidelines can be submitted to our contest. You may submit a maximum of seven stories per writer.
The writer retains all rights to her/his story.
*Published writers who have earned more than $5,000 through their literary work(s) are not allowed to enter the contest. In
special cases just contact us. Exceptions possible.
Please carefully read the guidelines and apply them on your short story. Submit your story here!
We wish you the best of luck.